Tuesday, June 17, 2008

When sister's away...

Hannah has gone to stay with Grandma and Grandpa in Kansas City for part of the week. She left with them on Sunday and I'll meet her and my mom in Emporia on Friday to bring her back home. She was soooo excited to get to go off by herself for a visit.

Emma wasn't so sure about being left behind. However, after going to the library and McDonald's with Uncle Matt yesterday and then going to storytime at the bookstore and to lunch with daddy today, I think she's figured out that being by herself with Mom and Dad isn't such a bad deal.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

And aren't they so much better behaved when one is gone? I tell you what, I need to go back and apologize to everyone I complained to when I only had one kid to keep up with.

emily said...

ok...your comment just made me queasy. you mean, park will be wilder with another kid around? I don't think I can stomach it.

Leesa said...

em, is there something you're not telling us yet? :)

It's not so much that H is wilder, it's just that things get more chaotic the more kids you add to the mix. It doesn't seem to matter which child is gone, the house is quieter when we're down a kiddo. I haven't been able to put my finger on the reasoning behind that one yet.